A- A A+

Mill Rysum

Muehle Rysum AB

The Rysumer mill was built in 1895 as a two-story mill. After it was destroyed in a fire in 1917, it was rebuilt in 1921 as a three-storey mill again. Therefore parts of an old mill in Varel were used. After the building had already been restored in 1948, the mill had to be shut down in 1964. The octagonal and the cap was canceled and incorporated into the Bad Zwischenahner mill. 1988, a 30-year license agreement with the owners of the mill was singed by the community of interest Rysum. In the same year the stud of a octagon from Schleswig-Holstein was transported to Rysum. The construction began in 1989 and the 100th Birthday of the mill could be inaugurated fully functional again.

The miller's house is now a café.

attributes

Mühlencafé
yes
Freier Eintritt
yes
opening hours

May to September: daily
grinding demonstration (depending on the wind) or by appointment Sat 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

contact

address
Mühlenlohne
26736 Krummhörn-Greetsiel (Rysum)
Phone
+49 49 27 / 4 24

    Holiday planer: 0
    TESTPAGE:5442