A- A A+

Castle Kniphausen

WHV Burg Kniphausen 640

The castle was built in 1438 as the residence of a medieval chieftain. In 1708 a fire destroyed the castle and then the stables converted into a count's apartment with administrative offices. In 1990, the castle was completely renovated. The ancestral hall and associated facilities are used by the Foundation “Castle Kniphausen” for a variety of cultural events and weddings. Worth seeing is the ancestral hall, the gatehouse and the park. A castle tavern provides culinary specialties in a cozy atmosphere.

 

 

attributes

opening hours

February to October:
Wed and Sat 3.00 pm till 5.00 pm , Sun 11.00 am till 5.00 pm

November to January:
Wed and Sat 2.30 pm till 4.30 pm, Sun noon till 4.00 pm

contact

address
Burg Kniphausen
26384 Wilhelmshaven
Phone
+49 44 23 - 36 78 45
Mobile
+49 151 - 12 76 70 18

    Holiday planer: 0
    TESTPAGE:5442